So You Can Live Every Day To The Fullest
Enjoy no-fee cash withdrawals at over 19,500 Chase ATMs.
Enjoy no-fee reloads virtually anywhere, directly from your smartphone.
One flat monthly fee. No confusion.
Load paychecks conveniently with Direct Deposit.
How Chase Liquid works
See how simple Chase Liquid can be.
Get Chase Liquid at your local branch, with no fees to open or activate. You’ll leave the branch with a fully functioning card. Just a $25 initial load to get started.
$0 Fee to Open
Load cash and checks at any Chase DepositFriendlySM ATM, load checks using Chase QuickDepositSM1 or Direct Deposit, or transfer funds from accounts. Available 24/7, with no fees or hassles.
$0 Fee to Load
$0 Fee to Go
Reload easily without any fees with Direct Deposit or at more than 11,500 Chase DepositFriendlySM ATMs.
$0 Fee to Reload
Get Chase Liquid for one flat monthly fee $4.95
The reloadable card that’s filled with features, not fees.
With Chase Liquid, your cash is more accessible. Take advantage of 24/7 access to over 19,500 Chase ATMs (withdraw up to $500 per day), plus make withdrawals at any Chase branch. Whichever you choose, you’ll get your cash without paying a fee.
Load your card
Loading money to your Chase Liquid Card is quick and easy. You can automatically load your paycheck, government benefit check, or tax refund onto your card by enrolling in Direct Deposit. You can load checks using Chase QuickDepositSM on your mobile device1, load cash or checks to your card at over 11,500 Chase DepositFriendlySM ATMs, 24/7, or load money at any Chase branch. All without hassles and at no additional charge.
Monitor your balance
- Sign up for online banking on Chase.com to check balances and see purchase history online.
- Download the Chase Mobile® App3 to check balances and see purchase history on your mobile device.
- Sign up for customized email or text alerts4 to allow you to see when your balance reaches certain limits. Once enrolled, you will also be able to text "bal" to Chase at 24273 for a text message3 of your available balance.
Chase Liquid can be used for purchases up to $3,000 per day virtually anywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted,2 including online purchases, without worrying about additional fees.
You can use Chase Liquid to pay phone, electric, cable and any other bill at merchant sites where VISA® debit cards are accepted.2 Whether it’s online or over the phone, you can pay with your card and the amount will be deducted from your balance.
Save on fees
With one flat monthly fee of $4.95, there’s no confusion. Load your card at any Chase DepositFriendlySM ATM without fees or the hassles of refill packs. Enjoy no fee cash withdrawals at any Chase ATM. Plus, since you spend only what you load, you won’t have to worry about overdraft fees.
Chase on your side
- Your funds are FDIC insured,5 so you can load government benefit checks and tax refunds to your card.
- Zero Liability Protection for any unauthorized card transactions when you notify us promptly. Certain limitations apply.6
- Guaranteed Reimbursement for any unauthorized purchases and withdrawals.7 The money is back in your account by end of the next business day.
Special offers with Chase Liquid Insider
You have access to great cash back offers when you shop online through the Chase Liquid Insider Facebook app using your Chase Liquid Card. With a variety of popular online retailers, you’ll get cash back on purchases ranging from everyday items to the hottest fashion and latest devices. Check it out here.
Service and support
You can get service and support through Chase.com, by calling our customer service line at 1-877-712-0088, or by visiting your local branch. No matter which you choose, you will never pay a fee for customer service.
Get Chase Liquid for one flat monthly fee of $4.95
Get Chase Liquid at your local branch.
Sign up at a branch
Come into your local branch to get your Chase Liquid Card. This is a simple two step process:
Bring two forms of ID including a vailid photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.) and initial load of $25 or more to your local branch.
Complete an application with a Chase banker and create your PIN. After you have been approved, you will leave with a working card that you can use in stores, online, and ATMs. A personalized card will arrive by mail within 7-10 days, unless one was received at the branch.
Get Chase Liquid at a branch near you.
ABOUT CHASE LIQUID
Chase Liquid is a reloadable card that can be used virtually anywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted.2 It allows you to manage your money and gives you access to over 19,500 Chase ATMs and 5,600 branches nationwide where you can load money to your card, make no fee cash withdrawals and more. Find the nearest locations.
- Load your card— Load paychecks, government benefit checks, and tax refunds by signing up for Direct Deposit. You can also deposit checks using Chase QuickDepositSM1, make a cash or check deposit at a Chase DepositFriendlySM ATM or branch, or transfer money onto your card online, with Chase Mobile®, at a Chase ATM, or by phone.
- Use your card— Shop online or in stores (excluding most rentals, e.g., cars, equipment. furniture), or withdraw money at an ATM or branch.
- Reload your card— Continue to load money to your card so you have funds to spend. You can transfer money to your Chase Liquid Card from an eligible Chase or external account.
- Check your balance— Stay on top of your balance by setting up Account Alerts4 on Chase.com, where you can also view recent activity. When you’re on the go, use Chase Mobile Banking to keep track of your balance and recent activity.
- It's safer than cash, and you can rest easy knowing your money is FDIC insured1.
- You won't be charged any overdraft fees.
- You can monitor your activity and stay on top of your spending by checking your balance and setting up Chase Account Alerts3.
- Use the card to shop online and get cash back at merchants – virtually anywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted1.
- Load with funds anytime and make withdrawals at over 19,500 Chase ATMs and 5,600 branches nationwide.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to Online Banking with Chase OnlineSM, check balances and see purchase history with Chase Mobile® , and text "bal" to Chase at 24273 for a text message3 of your available balance.
Chase Liquid is a reloadable prepaid card that you can load with money at any time. This allows you to help manage how much money you have to spend.
A Chase Liquid Card is reloadable, so you can continually load money to your card with cash or checks without the need to open another card. And unlike many gift cards, you can withdraw cash at ATMs and branches.
You can use your card at both Chase and non-Chase ATMs. Some ATMs may not have "Prepaid" as an option when processing your transaction. If "Prepaid" isn’t an option, select "Checking"to complete your transaction with your Chase Liquid Card. Chase will charge a Non-Chase ATM fee; the non-Chase ATM owner may impose an additional fee.
Stop into your local Chase branch to open a Chase Liquid Card. You will receive a temporary Chase Liquid Card that you can start using right away. Your personalized card (embossed with your name) will have been ordered at account opening and will arrive in the mail within 7-10 days. The personalized card will replace any previous card issued. Once you activate your new card, safely destroy your old card as it is no longer valid. Please note: A select number of Chase branches can now issue personalized cards at time of opening. If your Chase Liquid Card has your name embossed, this is considered to be your personalized card and you will not receive one in the mail.
We will mail your personalized Chase Liquid Card to the address you provided when you opened the card. It will arrive within 7-10 days.
To activate your card, call 1-800-225-5623 from the phone number you provided when you received your card or perform a PIN-based transaction at a merchant or Chase ATM.
The temporary Chase Liquid Card you receive at the branch is a fully functioning card that you can use immediately at Chase ATMs or anywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted2. Be sure to create a PIN when you open your card so you can use it at the ATM or to make purchases that require a PIN number.
There is no fee to open a Chase Liquid Card, but a $25 minimum load is required along with a credit check.
You must be at least 18 years old and provide satisfactory identification to be eligible for Chase Liquid.
You may own more than one Chase Liquid Card; however, we may limit the number of Chase Liquid Cards issued to you at our sole discretion.
Load & Reload
There are four simple ways to load money:
- Sign up for Direct Deposit of your paycheck, government benefit check, or tax refund.
- Load checks using Chase QuickDeposit on your mobile device1. You may also load cash or checks at any Chase DepositFriendlySM ATM or at your nearest Chase branch.
- Transfer money with Chase OnlineSM, Chase Mobile®, or by phone from your other eligible Chase accounts.
You can get cash at over 19,500 Chase ATMs and other participating non-Chase ATMs. Find Chase ATM locations.
Note: We charge a $2 fee if you use your card at a non-Chase ATM, and you may be charged a non-Chase ATM transaction fee by the ATM owner.
You can also load cash or checks at over 11,500 Chase DepositFriendlySM Chase ATMs for no additional charge.
|Type of Deposit||Generally Available|
|Checks written on a Chase deposit account||Next business Day|
|Checks written on other U.S. banks||Next business day|
|Cash deposits at a Chase ATM or branch, electronic Direct Deposits||Same day|
In most cases, ATM deposits and transfers must be made before 11:00 PM Eastern time to meet the same business day cutoff.
In some cases, we may not make all of the funds that you deposited by check available by the first business day after your deposit. Funds may not be available until the second business day after your deposit. However, at least the first $200 of these deposits will be available on the first business day after your deposit. See complete Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions (PDF).
ATM deposits to your Chase Liquid Card can only be made at Chase DepositFriendlySMATMs.
There are no limits on how much or how little money you have on your card. However, you will need to load $25 to open a Chase Liquid Card and you will not be able to spend funds from your card if your balance is $0 or less. Chase Liquid supports withdrawals of up to $500 in cash per day from ATMs, and you may make purchases totaling up to $3,000 per day. See complete Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions (PDF). for details.
Once you open a Chase Liquid Card online or at a Chase branch, you can use it virtually anywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted.2 Shop in store or online, pay bills at merchant websites by using your card number or withdraw cash from an ATM. Once you open a Chase Liquid Card at a Chase branch, you can use it anywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted. Shop online, pay bills through your service provider by using your card number or withdraw cash from an ATM.
You can use your Chase Liquid Card immediately after you load cash at an ATM or Chase branch. When you load a check at an ATM or Chase branch, funds are subject to the Funds Availability Policy. See complete Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions.
You can use your Chase Liquid Card internationally anywhere VISA® debit cards are accepted.2 If the purchase is not completed in U.S. Dollars, it will be converted or exchanged to U.S. Dollars. The exchange rate will be applied either by the network that processes your transaction or the government-mandated rate in effect for the date that the network processes your transaction, which may be on a date that is different than when you actually used the card. In addition, a 3% Exchange Rate Adjustment Fee will be added to the converted amount.
You can get cash back at a checkout terminal during a PIN-based purchase if the merchant supports it. Just select "debit" or "ATM" at the register.
There is a $2 fee. The non-Chase ATM owner may impose an additional fee.
You may do so if the merchant allows it.
Most merchants ask us to authorize your purchase. When we give authorization to a merchant, we will hold funds on your Chase Liquid Card, generally for up to 3 business days, to pay for your purchase. For gas station purchases, up to $50 may be temporarily reserved when you use your Chase Liquid Card to pay at the pump. To avoid a declined purchase or incurring a hold greater than your actual purchase, pay for gas purchases at the cashier. Additionally, certain rentals (e.g. cars, equipment, furniture) are not eligible purchases for Chase Liquid and will be declined. See complete Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions (PDF) for details.
You have a choice and it is always up to you:
- If you select "credit," you will not need to provide your PIN and you may need to sign a receipt
- If you select "debit" or "ATM," you will need to enter your PIN. When the merchant supports it, this option allows you to withdraw cash with your purchase.
Any credit for returned or exchanged merchandise must come from the merchant and is subject to their policies. It may take up to 7 business days after we receive credit from the merchant to add it back to your balance.
You can pay bills using your 16-digit Chase Liquid Card number at merchant sites that accept VISA® debit cards.
Log on to Chase OnlineSM, click on the Customer Center tab and download the Direct Deposit form. Complete this form and give to your employer's payroll department to request Direct Deposit of your payroll check. You can use this same form to set up Direct Deposit of government benefit checks and tax refunds, too.
You may withdraw up to $500 cash per day from the ATM, and you may make purchases totaling up to $3,000 per day. See complete Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions for details.
Chase Liquid will not help build your credit rating. Chase Liquid is not a credit card, so there are no payments that would be reported to credit agencies.
Chase Liquid cardholders can withdraw cash and check balances at any Chase ATM. If you have Chase Liquid linked to other Chase checking accounts, then you can transfer funds to Chase Liquid from your other Chase checking accounts. If the ATM is a Chase DepositFriendlySM ATM, then you can also load cash and checks at the ATM with your Chase Liquid Card.
Managing Chase Liquid
When you enroll in Chase OnlineSM,
You can view:
- Money added to your card at the branch or ATM
- Cash withdrawals made at ATMs
- Purchases made with your card
- Chase Liquid monthly statements
You can set up:
- Direct Deposit to have your paycheck, government benefit check, or tax refund added to your Chase Liquid Card. Download a Direct Deposit form found in the Customer Center tab when you log in to Chase OnlineSM and give it to your employer or benefits provider. We do not charge a fee for this service.
- Account Alerts to help you to monitor your Chase Liquid balance on your phone, through email or text alerts.4
Chase Account Alerts4 are easy to set up. Most Alerts can be sent to you via email, text message, phone call or iPhone push notification. You can see a banker at a Chase branch to sign up for certain types of Alerts, or you can enroll, set up, and manage Alerts by logging in to Chase OnlineSM and selecting the "Account Alerts" link in the Customer Center.
You can customize your Alerts by setting dollar amount thresholds for different balances and transactions, including ATM withdrawals and Chase Liquid Card activity. We'll automatically notify you when activity on your account triggers one of the Alerts you've specified.
Delivery of Alerts may be delayed for various reasons, including service outages affecting your phone, wireless or internet provider, technology failures and system capacity limitations.
Alerts can be used to notify you of many different types of activities including:
- Your daily card summary
- When your balance falls below an amount you've specified
- When a Chase Liquid Card transaction exceeds an amount you've specified
- When an ATM withdrawal exceeds an amount you've specified
- When a Direct Deposit greater or lesser than an amount you've specified has posted
You can see where you've used your card by viewing your activity on Chase OnlineSM, Chase Mobile®, or at a Chase ATM.
You can view your statement and update your statement preferences online at any time at no charge when you enroll in Chase Online. You may also request a paper copy of your statement by visiting a branch or calling a Chase Telephone Banker at 1-877-712-0088. See Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions for complete details.
There are several convenient ways to check your Chase Liquid balance:
- Sign up for Account Alerts4 by email, text message, phone call or iPhone push notification.
- Visit Chase.com, call us at 1-877-712-0088 or go to any Chase ATM or your nearest branch to obtain your balance.
- If you are enrolled in Chase Mobile® and have signed up for text banking, you can also text “bal” to 24273 and we'll send a text back with your available balance.
There is no charge from Chase but message and data rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider.
A negative balance may occur if the final purchase amount the merchant submits to us is greater than the amount we originally authorized, or the merchant processes a transaction without prior authorization. Your Monthly Service Fee will also deduct from your balance even when your available balance is less than the Monthly Service Fee. You should immediately add more money to Chase Liquid to bring your balance above zero. There are no overdraft fees for Chase Liquid.
Using Chase Mobile®
There is no charge from Chase to download or use the Chase Mobile App. However, you should contact your wireless service provider to see if any connectivity or usage rates may apply. Fees as described in your Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions still apply.
For security purposes, you must be enrolled in Chase Online to access Chase Liquid Card information and perform banking transactions through the Chase Mobile App.
You will need to use the same User ID and Password for Chase Mobile that you use for Chase Online. If you’re not enrolled in Chase Online or have forgotten your User ID and Password, enroll now or retrieve your User ID and Password.
To get started, simply go to the Chase Mobile App and log in. We'll prompt you to verify that you own the Chase Liquid Card you want to access from your phone. To do this, you'll need to request an Identification Code, which we'll send to you by phone, email or text message, depending on the delivery method you selected. When you receive your Identification Code, you can use it to complete the identification process and log in to the Chase Mobile App.
In addition to you Chase Liquid Card, you can see the same Chase checking, savings, money market, investment, credit card, business, home equity, auto and mortgage accounts you access on Chase Online using your Chase Mobile App.
If you have a student loan, you won't be able to log on through the Chase Mobile App unless you have other Chase account types as well.
Some features are available only for eligible accounts. Some restrictions may apply.
Using your Chase Mobile App, you can:
- Deposit checks - You can use your camera-enabled mobile device to make a deposit via Chase QuickDepositSM.1
- Transfer money - You can transfer funds to your Chase Liquid Card from an eligible Chase account.
- See Chase Liquid balances - The Account Details page displays your balance information.
- See Chase Liquid transaction history - You can see the transactions made on your Chase Liquid Card or other accounts accessible from your mobile device.
- Get Account Alerts - Receive Alerts to help you stay on top of your balance(s) and monitor your activity.4
- Find a branch/ATM - You can locate the ATMs and branches closest to you.
- Retrieve contact and other information easily.
Using Chase QuickDepositSM
Chase QuickDeposit is a service that allows you to take a picture of your check with your camera-enabled mobile device and send the images electronically to Chase for deposit onto your Chase Liquid Card.
To use Chase QuickDeposit, take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check. You can use the Chase Mobile® App to transmit an electronic image of the check to Chase, thereby depositing the funds onto your Chase Liquid Card. We'll store the check images online for secure, accurate and efficient record keeping.
You may submit your deposits at any time and may include one check in a single deposit. You can submit as many deposits as you need to each day, up to $2,000 per account. There is a $5,000 monthly limit per account for deposits made with Chase QuickDeposit. If you're a Private Bank client, you can submit up to $25,000 per day and $100,000 per month.
With Chase QuickDeposit, you can:
- Save time and money by eliminating trips to the bank to deposit checks.
- Access your Chase Liquid Card and check images anytime on Chase.com with Chase OnlineSM.
- Reduce paperwork by storing your check images and transaction history on our secure site.
Chase QuickDeposit is protected by several layers of security. We use 128-bit SSL encryption technology to protect your financial activities while using the Chase Mobile® App. You must enter your Chase Online User ID and Password to access your Chase Liquid Card information.
Deposits submitted before 11 PM ET on a business day will be processed that day. Deposits submitted after 11 PM or on a non-business day will be processed the next business day.
Chase QuickDeposit can process checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. bank, including, but not limited to:
- Personal checks
- Business checks
- U.S. Treasury checks
- Traveler's checks
- Money orders
Chase QuickDeposit is only for checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on banks in the United States.
You can export, save and print your images on Chase.com.
You can also export:
- Lists of deposits
- Items in a deposit
- Return and adjustment items
You can see detailed information about a submitted deposit at Chase.com for 120 calendar days. You can see general deposit details on "My Accounts" for up to 120 days and access them for up to 13 months on "See Activity" on your mobile device.
You can deposit up to $2,000 per day per account, and up to $5,000 per month per account using Chase QuickDepositSM.
If you’re a Chase Private Client customer, you can submit up to $10,000 per day and $25,000 per month. If you’re a Private Bank client, you can submit up to $25,000 per day and $100,000 per month.
- Flatten the check and place it on a dark, non-reflective surface. Make sure there is enough light to distinguish the check from the background.
- Line up the check with the horizontal and vertical guides provided and click the camera icon to take a picture.
- The image will be displayed for you to review. If it is not readable, click "Retake" to retake the picture of the check.
- If you can read the details on the check, click "Use" to keep the image. If our system can't correctly interpret the writing on your check, you can always deposit your check at any Chase branch or ATM.
Note: Please remember to endorse the check before you scan it. If you don't, the payor's bank may choose not to pay it, and the deposit credit to your Chase Liquid Card will be reversed.
Once you've scanned and submitted your deposit, you should mark the checks as having been deposited and store them in a secure location until you destroy them. There are no laws or regulations that specify any length of time you need to keep the original checks. We recommend that you destroy the original checks immediately after the deposits have been posted to your Chase Liquid Card.
Please call the Internet Service Center at 1-877-CHASEPC (877-242-7372) for questions about Chase QuickDeposit.
Online Card and PIN Information
You can see and update your profile settings in the Customer Center at Chase Online.
Go to Chase.com and click "Forgot User ID and/or Password." Then follow the prompts to retrieve your current log-on information or create a new User ID or Password.
Visit a branch, call a Chase Telephone Banker at 1-877-712-0088 or visit Chase.com to request a PIN.
Visit a branch, call a Chase Telephone Banker at 1-877-712-0088 or visit Chase.com to request a new PIN.
Do not create an obvious PIN or Password like your birthday or a pet's name. Never give your PIN to anyone and avoid carrying it with you. Change your PIN from time to time and do not write the PIN on your Chase Liquid Card.
Good Things to Know
You can visit one of our more than 5,600 conveniently located branches nationwide. Chase Telephone Bankers are available 24/7 at 1-877-712-0088. You also have full access to Chase.com to track your balance and view recent activity.
The card will expire on the date listed on your card. We will send you a new card approximately 30 days before it is set to expire.
To dispute a transaction, please call a Chase Telephone Banker right away at 1-877-712-0088 or visit your nearest Chase branch.
You will need to provide the following:
- Your name and account number
- A description and explanation of the error
- The dollar amount of the error
You can also submit a purchase inquiry online through the Secure Message Center at Chase.com
What if my card, PIN or password is lost or stolen? Am I protected against any fraudulent charges or identity theft?
If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, call us immediately at 1-877-712-0088 or visit your nearest Chase branch to report. Your Chase Liquid Card comes with Zero Liability protection, which means that you will not pay for any unauthorized transactions as long as they are reported promptly. Certain limitations apply. See Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions for complete details.
The funds credited to your Chase Liquid Card are covered by FDIC insurance up to the base coverage amount of $250,000 per depositor for combined deposits at Chase.
To close Chase Liquid, call a Chase Telephone Banker at 1-877-712-0088 or visit your nearest Chase branch. Should you choose to close Chase Liquid, no pending transactions may exist. A one-time transfer of any remaining funds may be made to another Chase account. Alternatively, you may choose to receive any remaining funds via a mailed check.
Most rentals such as these are not eligible with Chase Liquid and will be declined at the point of sale. See complete Chase Liquid Terms and Conditions (PDF) for complete details.